The programme started in the year 1982 and has strong commitment in lobbying and advocating for rights of children with disabilities to access quality service in both Machakos and Makueni Counties. For the many years that the project has been in place it has been able to achieve the following:-
- Building the capacities of the community to tackle issues affecting the Children with Disabilities (CWDs) in different forums.
- Providing Preventive and curative services in addition to promoting community inclusion of people with disabilities and rehabilitation of disabilities through trainings provided to Community Health Workers (CHWs) and corrective surgeries offered through different hospitals in Kenya.
- Educational support to CWDS through assessment and placement of CWDs in Small Homes, inclusive learning programmes, and other learning institutions.
- Livelihood improvement though strengthening of disabled persons organizations( DPOs) to initiate activities that are income generating by infusing Self Help Group(SHG) concept, social protection(skilled development)
- Social by ensuring that there is justice for all including people with disabilities in our societies.
- Empowering people with disabilities to ensure that, there is equal participation, good communication through advocacy to authorities to have disability sensitive policies.